Pumpkin Banana Bread (V, GF)
Every time I have overripe bananas, I find it is the best time to make some banana bread! However, since it is October, 'tis the season to add PUMPKIN!
This bread was so delicious and moist! It is also VEGAN and GLUTEN-FREE (for my celiac peeps out there!). I've been eating this as a breakfast bread this week. The only downside is that it is almost gone! :(
If you make this, please leave a comment below and let me know how it turned out!
2 cups oat flour
1 tsp baking soda
¾ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp ginger
Pinch of nutmeg
Pinch of cloves
3 overripe bananas
½ cup pumpkin puree
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup canola oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease loaf pan and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients together (oat flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices). Set aside. *To make oat flour: blend rolled oats in food processor until flour consistency*
3. In a medium sized bowl, mash bananas together. Add the pumpkin, maple syrup, oil, and vanilla to the bananas and mix to combine.
4. Next, add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
5. Pour batter into loaf pan. *Optional: if you have a fourth banana, slice it and add to the top for decoration.
6. Bake for about 45-60 minutes (I forgot to time how long it took!), until the top of the bread is golden brown or until a toothpick can be inserted and comes out clean.
7. Allow to cool before serving.