Blueberry Banana Apple Bread with Oat Crumble Topping
This bread makes for a wonderful snack or enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea. You can also make this your breakfast; I would add some nut butter to make it more fulfilling as a meal! Enjoy!
1.5 ripe bananas
½ cup applesauce
1 tsp ground cinnamon
¾ cup white sugar
¼ tsp salt
¼ cup butter, melted (I used vegan butter)
1 tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp water
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup fresh blueberries (plus a few extra for the top)
2 Tbsp butter, melted (I used vegan butter)
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp brown sugar
¼ cup oats
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray loaf pan with nonstick spray.
2. In a large bowl, mash ripe bananas. Add applesauce, cinnamon, sugar, salt, egg, and melted butter and combine until completely mixed.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the water and baking soda and add it to the large bowl. Stir to combine.
4. Add the flour and fold until incorporated.
5. Fold in the blueberries and gently combine.
6. Spread the batter into greased loaf pan.
7. In a small bowl, stir together all the topping ingredients.
8. Evenly spread the topping along the top of the batter in the pan. Press a handful of blueberries into the batter on top (this is just to make the loaf look pretty!).
9. Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
10. Allow the bread to cool before serving.